Wednesday 16 July 2014

Harrogate Town Vs Grimsby Town





Harrogate Town-Wetherby Road





Ground Number : 13
Harrogate 0-2 Grimsby Town
15/07/14
Friendly

 Finally the wait is over! my first game of the season for this blog, I have attend two other friendlies but they was both at the Bradley community stadium in Grimsby!.  The first game of the season for this blog see's Harrogate Town taking on Grimsby Town in a friendly, this was going to be a hard game for Grimsby because Harrogate do have some good players in there side.


Some History about Harrogate Town
The demand for a first class ‘Association’ Town team had been growing for a number of years as the last century dawned. In fact, as far back as 1907/08 a club was registered under the name of ‘The Harrogate Town Club’, but got no further. In 1914 a club was formed as Harrogate AFC which secured admission to the Northern League for the 1914/15 campaign and were to play their home games at the County Ground behind the County Hotel (now the Mujib Restaurant). However, due to the Great War all games were postponed before fixtures could take place. Harrogate should have been playing at Bishop Auckland on Saturday 5 September, but sent a telegram two hours before kick-off stating they would not be arriving as most of the team had joined the Regiments.


My day was pretty straight forward, I tried to stay up all night and day. When it was midnight I was on Steam to my friend called Cameron we was talking about this upcoming game, I was going to watch some wrestling it started at 1pm and finishes at 4pm but my plan didn't happen because I fell asleep at 3am. I woke up at 10am and texted Cameron to see if he was up, I got a shower to wake me up and popped to the shop to get some batteries for my camera. From this point I was really bored there was nothing to do normally when I go to away games I leave very early in the morning so it felt strange.

I left my house around 2pm and met Cameron at my mums house we popped into two shops because I had to get a birthday card for my friend Russell! and also I had to get some food. We had to walk from my mums house to Stamford Club which would take 30 minutes, it was a good walk to be honest just speaking about lots of different things is good. I was looking forward of meeting Russell again I haven't seen him since last year so a good catch up would be good.

The coach left at 4.10pm and would take us 2 hours to get there which isn't that bad, I also sat with Cameron at the back of the coach. Nothing really happened on the coach we stopped for 30 minutes don't no why though because we was 20 minutes away from the ground, after we left again we was 5 minutes away from the Harrogate ground but strangely we parked into a school car park! so we had to walk up to the ground. When we got the ground I was expecting to spend £2 on a ticket and a programme instead I payed £2 to get in and £1 for a A4 piece of paper which was suppose to be a programme! to make things worse there club shop wasn't open after all of this I had a walk around the ground.

Here are some pictures




The game kicked off at 7.30pm just before the game started I bought a cheese burger and a bottle of coke which cost £5 still cheaper then Burger King! I sat down into my seat where Russell, Cameron and ben was my friend William came with me to get some food. After I eat the food the player came out and I managed to get some photos which you will see soon, Grimsby had 2 trail-lest in the starting 11!. Grimsby started the first 10 minutes very brightly but Harrogate dominated the rest of the half! they also had a goal disallowed for a person being offside and also James McKewon making a great save to keep the game 0-0 but then Scott Brown had a shot outside the box and a deflection happened and the ball just went past the keeper to make it 1-0 Grimsby then minutes later John-Lewis made it 2-0 from a cross by the Grimsby winger that was it for the first half.

Second half was good for the first 15 minutes then both teams really given up the best chance what happened was when the midfield who was on Trail had a shot outside the box and it hit the crossbar very unlucky! and that was it the game finished 2-0 for the mariners and also that is 3/3 wins for them. It was a okay match but it's only a friendly so nothing to worry about after the match finished we walked back to the coach and left again. We arrived back to Grimsby at 11.30pm and straight away I had to hide in a bush to have a wee! sorry to announce that but I was dying for one. I got home for about midnight after we had delays but overall I enjoyed my day I thought Harrogate had a good ground and met some good people.

Here are some other photos to look at.  
 








       























No comments:

Post a Comment